The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Yesterday, was a wonderful Colorado spring day. Probably not in the sense most of you imagine with bright sunshine, but with blustery winds, great for kite flying. I went to the dentist in the morning and when I got home, I packed up Carson and Creighton (and Anthony, too) and we went to the neighborhood park and flew our kites. It was chilly and the boys had their coats on but they loved seeing how high their kite would fly. Carson has a Super Grover (Sesame Street) and Creighton has a Transformers kite. The winds were just right and up, up, and up they went. We only had one major malfunction with a tree and Grover lost his tail. The boy flew their kites like pros. I loved their smiles and giggles. This is one of my joys! It was a magical day!

PS. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

4 comments:

LaDawn said...

Pictures are not always possible. I sometimes ask myself if I would rather take part or take pictures. I reckon a balance it 50/50.

Janell said...

When you can make a word picture like the one you gave us here, we don't need photographs. What a wonderful day you had!
jrc
ps - congratulations on the adoption of Lucky2 into the family.

stephanie said...

You're better about the pictures. I always forget the camera and when I do remember it, I am too busy chasing the kids.

Janell, thank you for the warm welcome of Lucky 2 or should we call him Too Lucky. Hee hee!

LaDawn said...

or More Lucky....or maybe you should change the name altogether and call him Chad. I wouldn't want to be named after someone who came to such a tragic end!