The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Monday, May 14, 2007

Hair

My mother has had the same hair style for an eternity. She will disagree, but sorry Mom, spikier is not a whole new do. Well, for me it really isn't the same style but more like a hair cycle. I have naturally blond (although I do highlight it some) fine hair, greasy hair. As I child my Nanny had the theory that if we kept cutting it, it would eventually grow. WRONG!!! As I have aged my hair now has a funky little wave to it also. I have a heart shaped face with more than desired chubby checks and, thanks to my dad, a double chin. Now that we have the background, my hair cycle looks like this: I cut it - usually to a chin-length bob or some trendy flippy thing. Then, I have a day where I don't shower right off the bat. Ah OH! What do I do now? Greasy, flat, short hair. If I wear a cap, I look bald. So, I put on earrings. (That is what mom would do.) So then I say to myself, self grow your hair out so you can pull it up. Now the cycle continues. My hair is now in the in-between stage. The worst of all hair stages. Bangs too short to go behind ears, layers that are too long to flip but too short for any other option. It is really hard to resist cutting at this point. So I tough it out to shoulder length when I can finally pull my hair up...but here is the catch. I don't like the way I look with my hair up. And now my hair is too long, fine and most of the time oily to bet be left down. I need professional help!

6 comments:

JMarie said...

Babe, I am in the same boat. Let's hire a professional stylist to tell us how to dress, do our hair, accessorize, etc. In fact, let's hire that one from Hollywood that is evil and makes her clients anorexic. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm "experimenting" as I write this...I got all-over color brewing and will next put on some highlights. Yikes! Cross the fingazz. This is my $20 solution to what I used to spend $200 doing. Ah, yet more joys of motherhood and the single-income.

LaDawn said...

I am thinking about getting a wig!

Janell said...

I'm still growing mine out from the bad haircut I got several weeks ago. And now, thanks to the weather, it is in a permanantly windblown state. I noticed this morning, hoever, that a real bad case of bedhead actually made it look better.
JC

Brooke said...

I have the best hair dresser ever. I trust her a lot with my hair. I will just be like I want some different hair color and lets do same length but trim the ends. You have to find someone that has the same type of hair as you if its thick like mine is or thin like yours. Or someone that really knows what they are doing.

stephanie said...

Oops! I didn't mean a professional hair stylist. I have one of those. But rather, a shrink for my neurotic behavior.

LaDawn said...

Please come back.....