The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Fun

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Thank you to Anthony, my most beloved husband, and yes my beautiful children.

I was working on an event until 1 am so in the morning, I was slow to move. But (horns playing - dit, dit, dit, dittttttt) Anthony made my favorite breakfast, Eggs Benedict. Yummmm! Next, the children presented me with their gifts. This year was the first year that all of my kids made their own gift and were able to sign their own name. Sun shining and angels singing!!! That was the best Mother's Day present of all. Anthony and Audrey also decorated a watering can with pictures of all the kids. It is really cute.

In the afternoon, Anthony packed a lunch and with my Mom and her husband Jack, we all went to the park for an afternoon picnic. The weather was perfect and the kids ran out their energy. We returned home to plant some garden items that my mom had given me. Thanks, Mom and Jack.

Finally, off we went to Anthony's parents for BBQ to celebrate Grannie's birthday. It was a relaxing evening with the family. And, like I said the weather was gorgeous. Thank you, Mother Nature.

4 comments:

Janell said...

WOO HOO! It's so good to hear from you again! Sounds like you had a perfectly wonderful day.
You mentioned working on an event -does this mean you are gainfully employed?
JC

JMarie said...

We went on a picnic too. Chipotle at the park.... I got a silver locket with "mom" engraved on the front -- now I gotta find faces tiny enough to fit in there. Mom gave me things to plant as well.

Yes, good to hear from you on the blog, as when we talk on the phone we seem to exchange very little data between screaming kids, nap time, microwave lessons, etc.! LOL!

LaDawn said...

She rises from the dead. I very hit the next button and then had to navigate backwards when I realised you was blogging!

Sounds like your day was good!

JMarie said...

Thanks for the card. You're so thoughtful. Love and xxxx.