The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Friday, September 14, 2007

I am freezing.

I am cold and I can't seem to get warm. It is in the high 50s. Not too bad, right? But still I am freezing. Why is it that in the summer 72 degrees in the house is hot but in the winter it is cozy even with long pants, a sweater, and socks. Isn't 72 degrees the same no matter the season? I am a mental case , I know. Oh...welcome fall and soon winter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it could have something to do with the humidity..LaDawn will help us out on this one. Mom

LaDawn said...

Sorry....I am no help at all. In the winter I build the most ginormous fire in the fireplace and heat my house to well over 80 degrees. In the summer I've got the fan out if it gets over 70. This is all upside and wrong. Do you think any of it is psychological?

Janell said...

Yes, it's the humidity. In Nebraska, we learn that early in life. Humid air feels colder in the winter and hotter in the summer. One key to feeling warm is to keep your head covered and your feet in warm socks & shoes. And keep moving. This is not the season for couch potato-ing. (No extra charge for the advice). And maybe it is all psychological, as well. 72 should feel comfortable inside no matter what's going on outside. We are a spoiled race!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for Janelle Linda