The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Monday, March 26, 2007

Hiatus Over!



Okay, so it has been some time since my last post. Sorry! I will explain in more detail. Yes, my sister is right that I did read that some blog experts say to be cautious when blogging during a job search. But that is not entirely the reason for the blog hiatus.

I am sort-of embarrassed to tell you all this (especially my Dad) but I am addicted to my Guitar Hero game for my kids Playstation. We gave our kids a Playstation 2 for Christmas. I envisioned them being totally addicted to it. In reality, they enjoy playing maybe an hour a week. I love this because I don't have to be a control freak mom.

My brother George gave his boys the Guitar Hero game for Christmas. I remember him telling me all about it when he found the coveted game. I rolled my eyes and thought what a waste of time. Well, that was until, one night when the kids and I were over for dinner and my nephews talked me into playing. I was awful...booed off the stage and all. But before long, I got better and they were asking for the game back as I was kicking them away. Thus an addiction was born!!!!!!! And by month's end, Anthony and I were driving all over town looking for this nearly impossible to find game.

What is Guitar Hero you ask? It is a Playstation game that simulates you as an 80's rocker starting your career as a Rock Star. You can pick your character (mine resembles Nicky Stix from Montley Crue) and your guitar (mine is a classic cherry red electric). You start your career in a dive bar venue and work your way up with songs like Shout At the Devil and Message in the Bottle to large-scale stadiums with the crowd cheering or in my chase booing you all the way!

I am truly awful at this game but I love to play it. It uses parts of my brain that I have never used before. I love to laugh at myself. Anthony and I play it together and laugh. Yes, it is a terrible waste of time and yes, I could be doing something more productive.

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

Oh My Gawd....You are the spawn of the devil! Why haven't you told me the truth earlier? Afraid I would call you the spawn of the devil?!?!

Janell said...

Stephanie, time sent with husband, laughter and music is NEVER wasted!! so glad to have you back in the blogosphere. did you get a job?

JMarie said...

That is hilarious. SOOO you, Stephers. If only we had such a gem back at the A-Phi house...can you imagine the mayhem? No one would have gone to any parties...just concerts in the back house. Like, totally.