The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

To Remember


Today marks the day, two years ago, my nanny died. I miss her so much. I think of her everyday and wish she were with me. She was my source for a quick recipe, words of wisdom, to share some news, and to laugh and smile. I am forever changed since that day. My eyes have not seen the same happiness.


Things I remember the most:


Her smell

Her laugh (or giggle)

Green beans with bacon

Popcorn balls

Angelfood Cake on my birthday

Kings in the corner

Playing games

Days spent with her

Selflessness

Kindness

Love of family and tradition

Devotion to God


Her words of impact:

"Nothing ends good or they wouldn't end."

"Mourn a birth and rejoice a death."


So today as hard as it is, I rejoice in your memory, honor and spirit. I love you, Nanny!


5 comments:

LaDawn said...

I miss her so much my heart aches. Wish we were there or you here.

Janell said...

Blessings and cyber-hugs to you on this memorial aniversary. I'll always remember how lovingly Aunt Joyce spoke of you and the rest of her grandkids - she adored you all and was so very proud of all of you. What a great lady.
And her brisket with beer recipe is THE BEST ever!
janell

Janell said...

Hey stephanie - my weatherman says that come Monday, (2/26) you and i are going to be peeking out from underneath about 12 inches of new snow. Time for some ham n'bean soup in the crockpot and some homemade bread.
have a good one!
jc

Janell said...

Hi Stepahanie - sure miss reading about Carson & Creighton - did you ever find those worms?

Brooke said...

Steph I think we all miss her very much. Reading your post today made me remember many times playing kings corners at the kitchen table and all the guys in the living room or outside. She was a great lady that has been reunited with Pop. She kept this family together and we are all lost without her. I hope you are coming back this year for the reunion. I will have to work that day but hopefully I can see you some of the family on Saturday.