The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Day of Summer

Ahhhhh! Summer is here...here at last. We had record high temps yesterday, so it felt more like summer yesterday than today. The clouds kept the temps lower today but not by much.

The kids and I went swimming with my Shannon and her kids, Taylor and Logan. We had a good time splashing around. I am definitely not a sun goddess, but I am enjoying the nice weather. And, a good time was had by all.

Top 5 Things About Summer:

5. Flip-Flops

4. Roasting marshmallows in my chimenea

3. Fresh linens right off the clothesline

2. Family Picnics/Carson Family Reunion

1. Strawberry Shortcake




Ohhh, how I love strawberry shortcake...the way my nanny made it. With old-fashion shortcake (biscuit-like) and sliced strawberries macerated in a little sugar and half-n-half.



8 comments:

Brooke said...

Whose backyard is that with the clothes hang up? I love summer. I will list my reason either today or this weekend.

stephanie said...

That is my backyard. I know, I am a weirdo, who takes pictures of clothes on the line.

Brooke said...

At first I thought it looked like Aunt Joyce's but then I was like no the house is a lot bigger then hers.

Anonymous said...

I miss that Strawberry Shortcake. I will have to go the recipe from you. I also love fresh linens from the clothes line. whipper

Janell said...

I'll join you in your weirdness because I take pictures of clotheslines, too. Don't have any on digital right now, but I'll get some and put them up.
I'm going to have to sign off now and go find some strawberries... and cream... and so on... Can you hear my stomach rumbling?

LaDawn said...

Strawberry Shortcake - not diet friendly food.....DANG! Great idea for a post!

Brooke said...

Are you coming back for the family reunion?

JMarie said...

Yoooohooooooo....the first day of summer was a really long time ago.