The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Monday, January 22, 2007

Blogging

So my sister has deemed me the "World's Worst Blogger" and I say piss off. At least I have started this blog. And really I don't feel that I have much to say. Maybe I need to start some Zoloft or something but I just don't think my life is too interesting.


I do wish it would stop snowing. We have had snow on the ground for 6 weeks now. This is so crazy for Denver. Sure, we get snow in the winter but it will be snowing one day and 60 degrees the next. UGH! I hate this. Our street has at least 6" on solid ice and mountainous ruts that swollow the minivan. The kids are going crazy and running out of indoor activities. Forget sledding......they are so over that too.


I have the worst head cold of my life and feel horrible. Summer...I need summer!

3 comments:

Janell said...

hang in there, stephanie. i feel compelled to share one of my favorite poems with you. It's by Oliver Hereford:
"I heard a bird sing in the dark of December.
'Twas a beautiful thing and sweet to remember.
we are neared to spring than we were in September;
I heard a bird sing in the dark of December."
i've been going around chanting it to myself the past few weeks as i wade through a few feet of snow twice a day to do my horse chores. tomorrow, (my day off) i'm going to put the horse under me before I go trudging through it again.
take care;
janell

LaDawn said...

love this poem!

stephanie said...

Thank you Janell. I actually love snow and winter, but enough is enough. Thank you for your thoughts.