The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Stock Show Time



Whew! What a day! I went to the Stock Show with Audrey's first grade class. We had a great time. For those of you that don't know about the Stock Show...it is an annual event (101st) at the Denver Colliseum which features everything Western and Cowboy. Both of which first graders love. There were several petting areas, roping lessons, and horses everywhere. We even got to see a rodeo clown show. Audrey is definitely a Cowgirl at heart.

Yesterday, I registered Carson and Creighton for Kindergarten next year. We wanted to wait one more for them to mature academically and socially, however, we are kinda being strong armed into it since Carson gets some language development services through Jeffco. So, I guess they will just enjoy the fun of Kindergarten for two years. This is a long complicated issue which I wish I had the energy to fight, however feel it is a losing battle to fight. I will keep you posted.

Now I am off to gymnastics with Audrey.

3 comments:

LaDawn said...

YeeeeHaaaaw! Sounds like sooooo much fun! I miss the Stock Show. My kids would love it!!!

What's the fight with K'garten? They seem awfully young to start.....just don't do it. Who's pushing you? You don't ever give in to bullies.....why start now?

LaDawn said...

PS Thanks for the new post....thought maybe you'd forgotten you had a blog (hehehe)!

Anonymous said...

Audrey you really do look like a real cowgirl...sounds like you all had a wonderful time Love grandma wink