The House of Wood...and brick

An American family of 5 plus a dog...Experience the CHAOS!

The family on top of Mount Evans

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Let me introduce myself...

As this is my first post, I will start with a short introduction of all the character I lovingly call my family. First is myself, Stephanie a 32 year old, happily-married, stay-at-home mom (oh, how I hate that term) of 3 children and 2 dogs. I met my husband of 9 years, Anthony, when I was an innocent 15 year old. Those of you who know me will laugh at the innocent part. We have been lovingly devout ever since. Anthony is a technical support engineer for a voice recognition software company. He designs and supports those annoying automated telephone systems...but hey, it pays the bills. We have 3 children who you will learn more about than ever wished in this blog as their health, development and general well-being are my main concern and as a result are in my constant reflection. Audrey is 6 years old and in first grade. Carson and Creighton, my twin boys are four and attend a local preschool. They are wonderful kids with unique little temperaments and a constant challenge to me as their parent and a growth opportunity to me a person. Oh by the way....I almost forgot - my past professional experience. I am a Meeting Planner with experience in developing adult educational events for a B2B media company, a professional association, and an association management company. I loved this career, but know that the demands of my family and the amount of travel and weekend/evening work required will always be at odds.

Hope this is a good starting point.

Oh yes, We also have 2 beagles - Tucker and Tabbie.

7 comments:

LaDawn said...

And I am so proud to know you and even prouder to call her my sister! I can hardly wait to read all about you and the chaos you love to loath.

Kari said...

Steph, You are a technological wizard!--When are you going to teach me how to set up a blog??!! I'll be checking yours frequently for new and exciting family updates! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks so much for inviting me to read your blog. I can't wait to catch up with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph - I am so happy to meet you again - via technology. Well done to you for starting this blog, if you do half as well as LaDawn everyone will enjoy it immensely. VĂ©da

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, How funny the world works. I was just thinking about you and all of a sudden there you were. What a beautiful family you have! I'm so amazed, Ha Ha Ha. I would love to get together and catch up. give me a call 3-683-6928. Tell Anthony "Hi" Cin

stephanie said...

Hi Cindy,

I would love to catch up with you too. Lets plan something. Maybe we could plan a APhi GGW night.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, I've been meaning to try to catch up and now I have the opportunity. What a great idea. Count me in if you organize a APhi GGW night - Julie